There were many forts in Kutch. Today some are in ruins and some are still in good condition.

Kanthkot (P) : Population 2,246.
Kanthkot is an old fort about 5 km circularly situated on the top of an isolated rocky hill. This place was the capital of Kathis in 8th century and it was taken from them by the Chavdas. After the Chavdas, the Solankis came and after them the Vaghelas. Mod befriended Vaghela who not only gave Kanthkot but also his daughter in marriage to Mod’s son Sad. Sad lived in Kanthkot and made it his capital. Sad’s son Ful named the fort Kanthadurg. Bhimdev sought shelter from Mahmud of Ghazni in 11th century at Kanthkot. In 1816 it surrendered to the British who razed it to the ground. On the hill are remains of three temples of which one is dedicated to the ascetic Kanthadnath, the second a Jain temple and the third a temple of the sun.
Roha Fort :
Roha fort is situated on the hillock of the same name, 50 km from Bhuj. It’s height is 500 feet from the ground level and 800 feet from the sea level. Roha was the leading Jagir of Kutch state and there were 52 villages under this Jagir. Rao Khengarji I (1510-1585) established Kutch and became a ruler of Kutch. His brother Sahebji set up Roha village and died after a battle with Raysinhji Zala of Halvad. After his death his successor Jiyaji built two big tanks on the Roha Hill. His son built a fort on Roha hill. Thakore Kalapi was famous poet in Gujrat. He wrote romantic poems at Roha hill because atmosphere of Roha was peaceful and close to the nature with many peacocks and other birds which can be seen here even now. Roha is called Sumari Roha after the princesses of the Sumara state Umarkot in Sindh.
Fleeing Allaudin Khilji the princesses sought asylum with Abda, who died fighting Allaudin. Consequently the princesses took Samadhi at Roha. The present Thakore of Roha, Thakore Virensinhji Saheb lives in Bhuj and would like to develop the Roha hill as a tourist point. Tera lies 85 km west of the town of Bhuj. Tera castle on the western edge of the state of Gujrat dominates the plains of Kutch from its position on the banks of Tretara (Three lakes) namely Chattasar, Sumerasar and Chatasar.
Tera Fort :
Tera Jagir consisted of 41 villages and was one of the largest Jagirs of Kutch state. There are Ramayan wall paintings in the Tera castle. There are elaborate carved and beautiful paintings on glass in the Jain temple. Bandhani (tie & dye), Block printing, mirror work, Jats embroidery are the main crafts of this town. There are many of wild life animals chinkara, Blue Bull, Wild Boar, Hyena, The Great Indian Bustard, Peacock, Black partridge, etc. A very famous Mahadev temple Pinglaswar is 35 km far from Tera.
Beraja Fort :
Forts In Kutch

Early 5000 years : Dholavira. 7th Century : Maniaro
8th Century : Patgadh
9th Century : Kanthkot
10th Century : Angorgadh, Boladigadh, Kerakot, Padhargadh.
17th Century : Alampannah, Bhuj, Mundra Fort, Dhoramnath, Rayan, Mandvi, Fort, Bhujia Fort.

18th Century : Lakhpat, Fateh gadh, Badargadh, Patri Fort, Tuna fort, Kothara fort, Sandhan fort, Suthar,Chundi fort, Pundi fort, Gajod, Kothara fort, Nandra fort, Narayan sarover, Naliaya fort, Chitrod fort, Kutch gadh, Bhachau fort, Mota Ashambia, Nagracha, Beraja.

19th Century : Tera, Bhadreswar, Than